Skip to main content

JUDGEMENT

People always say  "Don't judge a book by its cover"... but that's exactly what I do. When I don't have a list of recommended books but desperately want to read one? I look at the cover.. the title... the author... whether its paperback or hardbound. The content of the book comes last... If I don't like the cover picture I tend to dismiss the book ... I might read it .. maybe when someone recommends it ... or if one of the magazines has a great review about it. There are exceptions like when the story line is really good but the cover isn't so ? I'll still read it .. Content at the end of the day is King but so is the packaging.

Same thing applies to us humans .. don't you think ? when I meet someone for the first time I gauge them on their looks, body language, what they say ... how they say it .... small small reactions... how they reply ...


EDIT ~~ I wrote this back in 2014. 8 years later I am still trying to change this. 
 I have come to realise that people or even books are more than what they seem. As you grow older you realise how your rose tinted glasses can be broken or defective. You almost always have to take them off to see the real beautiful colours that of anything that chooses to exist in this universe. 
Having said that, trust your glasses .. they aren’t always wrong 🙂

Sunrise over the Sahara. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSPIRATION....

An ongoing battle seemed to be going on inside my head , between the right and very wrong left parts. I waited for inspiration to strike , just like lightning , ( thank God inspiration is harmless!:D)and it did...coming from the most unexpected source.."CASTLE" Ever since "CASTLE" began, for some reason I have been enamored by its introductory sequence...might also be due to the presence of " Nathan Fillion" . Watching the rerun today , not for one moment losing interest , though i must admit the war was still on , Molly Quinn says something something something..."DRAMATIC PAUSE" and bingo there we had our winner!! Thinking about it now the name does seem very apt as I do have a certain love towards the "dots ...." at the end of my sentences. I have no clue what this blog is going to be about , but i sure do know that it is going to be one hell of a journey for me . PS: my inspiration to start a blog... all the people who bl

Coriander and Mushroom Noodles

The first food show I ever saw was Kylie Kwong's cooking with the soul... I love Chinese food andthis show tickled my taste buds visually... Visually because I'm not a cook.. I love to eat and find cooking tedious and an appetite killer. This recipe has been adapted from her Coriander Noodles, I tweaked the recipe to make it way way simpler ... so there are some different ingredients and some which I haven't used at all. The ingredients I used are:  - Mushrooms     - Rice noodles     - Garlic                - Coriander                                                                            - soy sauce      - Rice vinegar      - Salt      - sugar       - Red Chilly powder Fill a pan with water ... add some salt and boil the noodles in the water.                           Strain the water and then rinse the cooked noodles under cold water. It's alright if the noodles are a little uncooke